Monday, August 4, 2008

Mood: Wanna get up and dance!
Listening to: I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry
Reading: Japanese Phrases for Dummies
Watching: George of the Jungle (The TV show, not the Movie.)
Playing: Aveyond, both 1 and 2.
Eating: nothing
Drinking: nothing

Oh my god. Camp was a blast. See, I went to Lions Camp Merrick, a diabetes camp in Maryland. And I had the BEST time. My times there will be revealed as I remember stories. Like the Camp Merrick Olympics! Italy vs Australia.... Italy won, 880 to 900. I was on Italy, so I was so glad we won, since normally whatever team I'm on sucks. Well, that's partly because I'M on the team! *laughs*

Well, I'm learning Japanese now. I can already:
~Count to ten
~Say "The cat is strange"
~Say "Good Morning (informal)", "Good Afternoon", and "Good Evening"
~Say "Give a cat coins" (or something like it) (It's their version of "pearls before swine")
~Tell you what the names "Ai", "Takeo", "Kimiko", "Akiko", "Mayumi" and "Kuroda" mean

Which, since I've only been at this for 2 days, is pretty good, especially for the fact that I am almost at the "hard to teach" age, which means 13 and older, and that I am a native speaker on a language based in latin, and this is my first language that I'm learning that ISN'T based off latin.

I seriously just sit here most the day reading my Japanese Phrases for Dummies book, borrowed from our dear friend the local library~

No comments: