Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Where was I? Oh yes, Katrina. As I said, she completely took on the look of the popular-cool kids, and was immediantly accepted in. I could've gone too, I suppose. I was certainly friends with at least half of them. I somehow found myself at the parties only the cool people were invited to. But as for being a member of the cool crowd? I dared to do something almost no girl would do- I opted out. Half didn't care. The other half still talks to me, but I'm not as good friends with them. Why did I opt out, you ask?
Because I wanted to keep friends that would fail their cool test. I hardly talk to Katrina anymore, but I'm fine with that, for two reasons.
1. I know I'm not cool enough. Maybe I could keep up that appearance for a month, at the most, mainly because half the time they either don't understand what they're doing or pretend not to, and I can't do that. When I understand what's going on, which is most of the time, I can't pretend not to.
2. She is NOT the same Katrina I hung out with. Maybe deep down she still is, but on the outside? I hardly recognize her.

I have a rigid set of values.
I believe you should be able to trust your friends.
I believe you should be someone your friends can trust.
I believe friends shouldn't go "out of style".
I beleive about half of the popular kids (at least of those I know) should go die, because no one wants their freakin' snottiness, no matter what they think.
The popular kids... how I could go on and on. There are people like Manda, Neddie, and Yana- people who are popular because they're nice and are kind to everyone. (if I got out of the little hole I make for myself, sitting with I book, I could possibly join these people.) But then there are... others, who get where they are by being ruthless, cutting people down, and wearing designer clothes, and people listen to them because they don't want rumors spread about them. The first group will grow up to be the great people of the world, maybe doctors or vets. The second will claw their way up that ladder, and once their at the top, people like me, who are fed up with their crap (sorry, there's just no other way to describe it) will finally get the chance I've always dreamed of, which is to kick their scrawny butt all the way back down.

Yes.

Also, insult me, I look at you with this, "Who, me?" look on my face (at least, I try to, sometimes the insult is too great to just do that to). Insult my friends, and you will get a BUTT WHOOPING. I don't care about myself, I put myself down anyways, but mean girls, try that insult again out of school and see where it gets you. I am dead serious, and I will start enforcing this. I mean it. Why do you get such a kick out of insulting people, yet if we call you a loser, you either go, "Ugh!" and storm off, or go crying to mommy? Hel-loo, can we see who's the stronger group yet?

No comments: