Monday, August 4, 2008

Mood: P.O.'ed, and you will see why.
Listening to: the beeping noise as Viroku tries to talk to me (sorry dude! I just want to get this down!)
Reading: Japanese Phrases for Dummies
Watching: Pass the Plate! (on Disney Channel)
Playing: Aveyond, both 1 and 2.
Eating: a granola bar (btw, I actually LIKE granola bars)
Drinking: nothing

Ok, I had a "shower moment" as my 5th grade teacher called them. (Meaning she had a wonderful idea while in the shower, from whence most of her great ideas come from.) I realized, once again, why the heck I don't want to be popular. First of all, I wish to share a story:
I have, had, a friend, let's call her Katrina (one of my many nicknames for her). Well, when we entered sixth grade, we had had an argument: I said I'd rather be uncool, because I knew I could trust my friends, she said she'd rather be cool and popular, because thn she'd be, well, cool. I said I didn't understand that, she said she'd NEVER wish uncoolness over popularity. I told myself she was just ambitious and let it lie. So we went into sixth grade the best of friends. Almost instantly, she unconsciously mimicked the popular and cool people- their attitudes, their mannerisms, their styles, everything. Continued tomorrow, lack of sleep.

No comments: