Sunday, August 24, 2008

Somebody cries, all the time...

And right now, the one crying is me. It's my fault, too. Kind of. You see, I wanted to read some things about Child Abuse, some stories I mean.

I can't imagine the pain, the days lived in fear... before I heard the song Concrete Angel, it hadn't even sunk in that there was something other than a happy family, the happy family that was Me, Ryuu, Mum and Da. I have never been struck by Mum or Da, and with Ryuu it was understandable (we were having a light saber fight, one that I won, by the way). Ryuu has insulted me (DUH), but he's an older brother, it's life.

But I have NEVER seen parents insulting their child, or striking their child. I guess I'm lucky. If only there was something I could do... I want to scream for them, cry for them. I've heard, from stories and poems on the topic, that the children being abused don't scream or cry, or else their abuser hurts them worse. It frightened me, badly too. The thought of some child crying somewhere late at night because their parent (or other person who abused them) hurt them. *shudders and gives a small sob* I wish I could help them all... if only there was something I could do! Oh... *collapses into silence*

1 comment:

Hannah Frank said...

I get where you're coming form. I recently got the chance to write my own play, and I wrote about abuse. I don't knwo where it came form, or what inspired it, but it had to be written. The fact that these types of thigs happen is terrible. Localy, we just had a case where parents and social services neglected a child with special needs, who died starved, malnurished, and rotting. It is terrible but true. I wanna run in and stop it too. I do too.