Friday, July 18, 2008

Natural Superstitiousness...

If you've read my earlier posts, you'll know I am superstious to the point it governs what I do. Also, if you haven't guessed, I absolutely love anything Japanese or Oriental Asian. So when I read a fanfic that involved Japanese superstitions, I thought to myself- "Holy crud! How come I never though to look those up?"

So I did. Now I am very afraid of the number 4. If you try to make me accept something in a set of four, I'll do one of two things. I'll either refuse to take it, or, in case that would be mean, I will simply 'finish' or reduce the set. I'll either "lose" a piece (which would be sad) or try to make a piece to finish the set, and make it five.

I know most of you will be looking at me (my post, whatever) as if I'm crazy (unless you too know the superstition). But I'll leave you with this: the Japanese word for 4 is death (if I'm not mistaken).

No comments: