Monday, November 3, 2008

Teen Titans!~

OK, I just started watching this show again, and started with 62 (which actually makes more sense than it sounds). I'm going to just jot down some notes:

#1- In the rest of the series, Raven is noticeably anti-social, preferring to do things solo than in a group. However, when she first meets the group, this scenario happens: Raven says that if they knew who she was, they wouldn't want her around. Robin says "I know enough." She smiles, and to me looks relieved, as if she can't believe they accepted her. Who would have thought the anti-social Raven would be happy to be in a group?

#2- Through the rest of the series, Starfire is 'nice' to everyone. When we first meet her, though, she says "Nice- we do not have this word on our planet. Closest is 'rutha'- weak!" If she really believes that, why does she act so nice later?
Subnote: It could be that after she sees the rest of the Teen Titans fight, even though they're nice, she decides nice is not necessarily weak.

#3- Raven has the best sense of humor, in my opinion. This is because instead of trying to get a laugh, she just speaks her mind, which makes her humor dry, and sarcastic. Seen here:
Beast Boy: But what about my secret identity??
Raven: What secret identity? You're green.
Yeah, she's awesome. There's also:
Everyone else: *arguing*
Raven: ... QUIET!
Everyone else: *silence*
Raven: ...Hi. *waves*

#4- I basicly like sarcasm in general. Example number 2!
BB: So after trashing a pizza parlor and a video game store, we're going to get the whole town vaporized?!
Cyborg: Go team.

#5- In the rest of the series ( I reference to it alot ><), the rest of the Titan's follow Robin completely and whole heartedly. This leads you to think that he was accepted as leader instantaneously. However, this is not the case. The first time he tries to take leadership, Cyborg challenges him with "Who made YOU leader?!" Innnnnnteresting.

#6- Every once in a while, I find an 'incarnation' of me. Raven would happen to be one of those. I'm gonna list a couple of quotes that apply directly to me.
Cyborg: Why are you always by yourself?
Raven: You heard [Beast Boy]. I'm different.
That's exactly why I hang back in most groups. I figure, "Almost no one understands me, or will want to talk to me once they know me. Why bother trying?" Instead, I let my writing do my talking for me. If you like my stories, chances are you'll like me. The point is, I'm by myself alot because of how different I am.

#7- Though Raven is in-arguably the most antisocial of them, she is the first to refer to the group as friends. During the battle on the Gordanian ship, a Gordanian comes up behind Starfire, Cyborg, and Robin. Before it can attack, however, Raven says angrily, "Get away from my friends!" I infer that however detached Raven might seem, she truly cherishes these 4 in the same way I cherish my few friends. Luv ya, Raven-baby!~

#8- There may be a reason Raven never laughs at BB's jokes, other than that she doesn't think them funny. When they first meet, after the Gordanian ship crashes, she tells BB "You know? You're kinda funny." BB replies with "REALLY? You think I'm funny?! I know some jokes!!! :D" She gets weirded out by this. If this IS deeper than we think, then she possibly was so unused to people wanting to please her that she instantly stopped laughing at his jokes.

Maybe I look too far into these. But really, a lot of things have deeper meaning than you think. Until I have more to say, Kiyo out!~

No comments: